SINGLE AND TIRED OF DATING APPS? HERE IS HOW TO MEET POTENTIAL DATES IN THE REAL (NOT VIRTUAL)WORLD:
By Katherine Zammuto
If you are like me and most single people these days, you have tried dating on some kind of dating app or website…and if you also are like most of us, you find the swiping, looking, answering, filtering, etc ,etc., etc. very exhausting! I get messages every week on my social media and podcast asking me if I have any suggestions as to how single people can meet potential matches other than virtually.
So today I am going to share some alternatives that my friends and I have been trying and really enjoying! Please, feel free to send me your ideas and let me know if you end up meeting your special someone through one of these methods.
1. HANGOUT AT PLACES WHERE MEN SHOP: It may sound obvious, but it works really well! For example, a few months ago, a guest on my show suggested going to a Cigar Shop, and she did meet her fiancée in one! You don’t have to be a cigar smoker or even buy one, but you can look around and ask for help saying you need a gift for someone. A lot of Cigar Shops also have a bar area so you can go have a drink there with a girlfriend.
Steak Houses with nice bars are also a great place to meet men, and a lot of them go there right after work. As Patti Stanger, the famous Millionaire Matchmaker said, ‘Where there is meat, there is men”. Well, I am sure she is right lol.
Nice grocery stores and the men’s department in department stores are also places where single men hangout and many times would love a helping female hand.
2. BUSINESS NETWORKING EVENTS: Now that Covid is pretty much behind us, most cities and Chambers of Commerce are organizing events pretty much every month, if not every week. These are a great place to network for your business if nothing else, but also a really good place to meet nice and available people who enjoy socializing!
3. THE GYM AND OTHER ALTERNATIVE WORKOUT PLACES such as dancing classes, a boxing studio, group Pilates, yoga, etc.… Men enjoy living a healthy lifestyle as much as women these days, so if you are into fitness and taking care of your body, chances are you could meet a partner who is too!
Join The Club
4. PRIVATE EVENT GROUPS -Here are two that I absolutely love and recommend:
INTERNATIONS is an organization that unites expats from all over the world living in one city. So here in Los Angeles, if you become a member, you will have access to several events and meet tons of new people that have similar interests. It is great for business and who knows, you might just meet your match!
ERMANTOURAGE AND HOLLYWOOD BLACK BOOK are private networking groups created by Erman Baradi that gather people from the movie and creative industries. They organize amazing and super fun events every month.
5. COMEDY CLUBS AND LIVE MUSIC VENUES: We have some great choices in Hollywood and they are always packed with great, fun, interesting people! I highly recommend you gather a group of friends and go check one out. Guys love a good Comedy Club and Live Bands, so why not join them?
Last but not least, wherever you chose to go, try to relax and have a good time, and remember that even if you do not meet someone you are interested in dating, you might meet a new business contact or make a great new friend. Thinking that I just want to enjoy myself with no major expectations always helps me take the pressure off the dating scene.
And don’t forget to wear your best smile and be yourself. That is always better than any filter!
If you have any questions or want to share your stories, please send us an email or follow me on Instagram @katzammuto and send me a DM. I would love to hear from you!!!
Kat on the Loose – sex, dating & relationships podcast is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, I Heart Radio.
Much love always, Kat
Get featured! - Heart Of Hollywood Magazine
Heart Of Hollywood Magazine Contributor
For more information on Katherine and to meet our other Heart Of Hollywood Contributors click on the link below: