By Tammi Pickle
Being your best self in the dating world is not only attractive to potential partners but also important for your own well-being. Here are ten dating tips to help you be your best self:
1. Be happy with yourself before you look for someone else. Being happy with where you are in your life, work, with your friends, and family is very important before bringing someone new into your life. Take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally. The healthier you are the healthier relationship you will create.
2. Be yourself. Share the real you, your passions, and the things you love. Open up and be authentic, vulnerable and let someone see the real you. Share yourself and be open and let someone see who you are on the inside.
3. Have a positive attitude. Maintain a positive and optimistic attitude towards dating. Positivity is contagious and can make dating a more enjoyable experience for both you and your date, and you will be more enjoyable to be around.
4. Be open to new people and new experiences. Sometimes we can get along with someone that doesn’t always fit exactly what we think we are looking for. Being open to others will open up the pool of people you would have never met without being open.
5. Manage your expectations. A first date is just that, a first date, it takes time to get to know someone. Don’t put all your hopes and dreams in the person right away or you may be let down. Go into the first day to enjoy yourself, make a friend, and if there is more great, if not that’s ok too.
Join the Heart Of Hollywood Magazine Club
6. Know exactly what you want and don’t compromise. If there is something important to you, don’t settle for less than what you need or deserve in another person. Look out for red flags and deal breakers in the beginning. Ask a lot of questions and truly get to know the person before you invest your time and energy in a serious relationship with them.
7. Believe people when they show you who they are, not tell you who they are. Words are just words. You can see someone’s true character by the way they treat you and the people around them.
8. Take your time getting to know that person, make time for them, don’t rush into anything that you’re not comfortable with. It should all come easily and naturally. Form a strong, healthy bond with them that will last.
9. Be available. Say yes to outings, nights out, and when friends ask you to do something. Get out there and enjoy life, put yourself out there to meet different people whenever possible.
10. Good communication is the foundation of any successful relationship. Let them know what you’re thinking and what you need and want from them. Listen actively, express your thoughts and feelings clearly, and be a good conversationalist.
Remember that dating is not just about finding the right person, it’s also about personal growth and self-discovery. By being your best self, you not only increase your chances of finding a compatible partner but also enhance your overall quality of life and happiness.
Tammi Pickle. Expert Matchmaker
Follow us on social media. We will be happy to follow you back!
The views, information, and opinions published in this magazine or our blog are the sole responsibility of our contributors or interview subjects. Heart of Hollywood Magazine is not liable for any statements made, or information provided, by its contributors or sources.